It's easy to forget about yourself. Now more than ever, it is important to ensure you are your best self. Here are a few easy self-care practices we try to implement into our daily routines.
1. Burning Sage & Palo Santo. Purifying (sage has anti-bacterial properties) for both the room burning it in and the intentions you set while lighting it.
2. Handwritten thank you notes for your friends, loved ones, and even yourself. During tough days moments of gratitude can help lift your spirits.
3. Make your bed. Even if the rest of the house is a mess, a made bed gives us a sense of comfort and control. A great feeling to both start, and end the day with. Plus, you know we love a good throw pillow.
4. Hydrate. Dehydration can cause headaches, dizziness, feeling of fatigue and just plain ol' crankiness. Keeping pretty pitchers filled with water and slices of lemon reminds us to get our drink on all day.
5. Walk it out. We don't realize how many hours we spend sitting. Whether at a desk, in the car or crouching over our kids while trying to figure out Google Classroom... A simple ten minute walk not only gets the blood flow moving, but also clears your mind and helps you focus on what is really important, like throw pillows, we mean family....and throw pillows.